BASICS for early foreign language learning
- English text on central points of early bilingual learning | PDF-Version
- Flyer "I can speak two languages" (in German), central points about multilingualism
- Results from early English in the Altenholz/Kiel integrated system of day nursery / kindergarten and elementary / primary school, Results, PDF (in German)
- How to become a teacher in Germay.PDF. Comprehensive guidline to an allowence to work as bilingual teacher. Press release, PDF
- Addresses of German kindergartens, schools and universities providing bilingual lessons New and updated!
- Introductory guide for the creation of a bilingual kindergarten (PDF in German)
- Introductory guide for immersion programs in primary schools (PDF in German)
- Job market
- Recommended learning media
- subscribe fo our free newsletter (in German)
- more articles in English language about immersion and "An Integrated View of langualge Development", 2002
MET, Myriam: "Foreign Language Immersion Programs"
KERSTEN, Kristin; IMHOFF, C.; Sauer, B.: The acquisition of English verbs in an elementary school
BURMEISTER, Petra; Daniel, A.: How effective is late partial immersion? Some findings from a secondary school program in Germany.
ROHDE, Andreas; TIEFENTHAL, C.: On L2 lexical learning abilities
WESCHE, B. M.: Early Frensch Immersion: How has the original Canadian model stood the test of time?
KERSTEN, Kristin, 2008, Uni Köln "Comparative studies in the phonological L2 acquisition in bilingual pre-schools", pdf
Altenholz near Kiel, Germany: children wanted with very good knowledge of English for the 5th grade / form in Grammar School starting in autumn. Interested parents are kindly asked to get in contact with us.
Further important information
More schools in Germany offer bilingual classes. Bilingual means that the new language is the spoken language in class. Subjects like geography, biology, history are for instance taught in another language, mostly in English. This method is widely spread in countries like Canada or Finland and it guarantees very good results. The PISA study as well as other studies on education show that Canada and Finland are in the first ranks. Adresses of bilingual kindergarden / nursery and bilingual schools
Our membership application
Everything we provide access to can be downloaded (free) or ordered (print).
In case of questions or comments please e-mail us.
Despite careful control with regard to content, we don't assume any liability for the content of external links. Operators for linked websites are exclusively responsible for their own content.